March 8, 2019
CentralSquare Technologies Announces Executive Leadership Team
LAKE MARY, Fla.—(BUSINESS WIRE) CentralSquare, an industry leader in public sector software, announced its new executive leadership team. The announcement comes after the merger of three leading government technology companies which resulted in the formation of CentralSquare. The new company is led by CEO Simon Angove. Reporting to the CEO is Tom Amburgey, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Public Administration; Jatin Atre, Chief Marketing Officer; Jeff Davison, Chief Operating Officer; John Pulling, Chief Technology Officer; Chris Schwartz, Chief Revenue Officer; Steve Seoane, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Public Safety; and Brad Surminsky, Chief Financial Officer.
“We have carefully built an executive leadership team where each person brings a unique and diverse set of skills, while sharing the common goal of creating transformative technologies exclusively for the public sector,” said Angove. “I look forward to leading this team to further innovate on behalf of local governments and empowering them to provide amazing public experiences.”
The CentralSquare executive leadership team includes:
- Simon Angove – Angove’s passion for innovation serves as a driving force at CentralSquare. Previously he served as Chief Executive Officer of Superion beginning in April 2017. Under his leadership, Superion merged with TriTech and the public sector and healthcare business of Aptean. This was one of the largest-ever mergers in the government technology space and enabled the new company to become the #1 provider of public safety software and the #2 provider of public administration software. Prior to Superion and CentralSquare, Angove served as a senior executive at Verint, a billion-dollar software company focused on customer engagement and cyber security, where he led the global growth business units. Earlier in his career, Angove was a serial entrepreneur, starting companies that leveraged innovations such as video analytics, workforce optimization and cloud computing.
- Tom Amburgey – As Senior Vice President and General Manager, Amburgey leads CentralSquare’s Public Administration business unit. He is also currently leading CentralSquare’s transition into being a world-class, cloud-based SaaS provider. Prior to CentralSquare, he served as Vice President and General Manager of Public Administration at Superion. Amburgey brings 20 years of public sector experience to CentralSquare. His experience in both public and private sectors has led to national recognition in the field of government technology. In 2011, he was named one of Computerworld’s Premier 100 IT leaders for his service as a government CIO.
- Jatin Atre – Atre is responsible for marketing, demand generation and brand building for CentralSquare. Prior to this, he served as Chief Marketing Officer of Superion. Under his leadership, the company increased marketing-generated pipeline by more than 20 times, launched a new brand and managed communications across complex mergers and acquisitions. Prior to Superion and CentralSquare, he served as Senior Vice President of Marketing at APT in Washington, D.C., where he developed effective marketing programs that brought together campaign-automation platforms, digital marketing, content marketing, account-based marketing, and streamlined lead-to-revenue management across 10 industries in over a dozen countries.
- Jeff Davison – Having joined as Chief Operating Officer in December 2018, Davison leads all aspects of the customer experience, including services, support and customer success management. With his expertise in delivering customer solutions and transforming on-premise deployments to the cloud, Davison will lead cloud delivery operations as the company continues to expand its position as a cloud-first software provider. Prior to joining CentralSquare, Davison served as Vice President of Professional Services at Ellucian, where he led the $85 million service business in North America with 250 resources across 60+ solutions.
- John Pulling – As Chief Technology Officer, Pulling leads engineering, product development, and quality assurance. His expertise in building breakthrough technologies has led to the development of transformative innovations that deliver on CentralSquare’s mission. Previously, he served as CTO at Superion. Before Superion and CentralSquare, Pulling led technology operations at Lanyon and BigMachines and product management for strategic applications at Infor.
- Chris Schwartz – Schwartz is the most recent addition to the leadership team, joining as Chief Revenue Officer in January 2019. With more than 20 years of experience in software, services and subscription-based sales, Schwartz’s skill in growing revenue, building high performing teams and simplifying sales and go-to-market processes will fuel the transformation of CentralSquare’s sales and sales-support functions. Schwartz comes to CentralSquare from CA Technologies (acquired by Broadcom), where he helped build out the go-to-market strategy for their market-leading Agile Management SaaS platform.
- Steve Seoane – In leading CentralSquare’s Public Safety business unit as Executive Vice President and General Manager, Seoane makes the needs of public safety agencies his top priority. His deep expertise in predictive analytics, product strategy, platform partnerships, mobile apps and engineering enables the company to deliver innovations that help solve critical public safety challenges faced by communities across North America. Seoane joined CentralSquare from TriTech where he led product development, engineering, design and quality assurance.
- Brad Surminsky – Surminsky brings over 25 years of financial leadership to his role as Chief Financial Officer. His expertise ensures the company capitalizes on rapid and continuous growth and delivers superior results and value. Before CentralSquare, Surminsky served as CFO of Superion. Prior to this, he was CFO at D+H, a global financial technology service leader, and CFO of ADP Canada and later the National Accounts division of ADP.
“The skills and expertise of this leadership team exemplify the core values that define our company culture,” added Angove. “Driven by a passion for innovation, growth, community and agility, the team will ensure we take the lead in innovating and delivering truly compelling technology solutions for building safer and smarter communities.”
Formed by the merger of Superion, TriTech along with Zuercher, and the public sector and healthcare business of Aptean, CentralSquare Technologies is an industry leader in public safety and public administration software, serving over 7,500 organizations from the largest metropolitan city to counties and towns of every size across North America. Its technology platform provides solutions for public safety, including 911, computer-aided dispatch, records management, mobile, citations, evidence management, and corrections. For public administration agencies, CentralSquare provides software for finance, human capital management, payroll, utility billing, citizen engagement, asset management, regulatory compliance, and community development. For hospitals and clinicians, it provides patient information, compliance, and analytics software. CentralSquare’s broad, unified and agile software suite serves 3 in 4 citizens across North America.
More information is available at www.CentralSquare.com